Energy Efficient HVAC Equipment
It's the same concept that makes hybrid cars so effi cient: Relying on a combination of two energy sources can save on overall cost and usage. York's groundbreaking hybrid heating technology uses both electricity and gas in an all new, money saving way.
- Utilizes cost efficient electricity with Affi nity Heat Pump technology to keep your home warm and comfortable during mild winter months.
- Automatically switches to the Affinity Furnace in extreme cold weather for stepped-up heating.
- The result: high efficiency effective heating while cutting winter energy bills by as much as 40%.
- Exceptionally quiet with a swept wing fan for smooth airflow.
- 13 SEER, meaning 30% more efficient than earlier models.
- Qualifies for tax credit of 30% of total system cost with a maximum credit of $1,500. **
- Qualifies for Focus on Energy rebate up to $250 for a Hybrid. **
- Qualifies for Focus on Energy rebate up to $150 **
- Qualifies for Focus on Energy rebate up to $100 for 15 SEER and above. **
All tips quoted by Elizabeth Rogers and Thomas M. Kostigen, co-authors of The Green Book.
Try to use your sprinklers in early morning or evening. The average lawn needs only about one hour of watering per week. In Summer, outdoor water usage accounts for 40% of household water bills. The irrigation of U.S. lawns and landscapes claims an estimated 7.9 billion gallons of water per day — a volume that would fill fourteen billion 6-packs of beer.
Existing Lawn Irrigation
Consider installing a rain sensor to override your automatic sprinkler cycle during and after rain events. Depending on the local climate, your water consumption (and your water bill) could drop up to 30% per year.
Fit your garden hose with an automatic shut off nozzle in order to prevent waste when the water is turned on and the hose is being used. You'll save up to 6.5 gallons per minute. If just 10 percent of the U.S. households attached shut off nozzles to their hoses and the average reduction in hose usage was just 30 seconds per week, the water saved would fill over 128,000 bathtubs every day.