Service and Remodel HVAC Project Manager
Service & Remodel HVAC Project Manager
Position Title: Service & Remodel HVAC Project Manager
Location: Madison, WI
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
As Project Manager within the Service and Remodel Division, you will work closely with builders/contractors, vendors, owners, office and field staff to ensure Residential, Commercial, and Service projects are managed effectively and efficiently and in line with the core values of Dave Jones, Inc.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of multiple small to medium-sized projects which will vary in HVAC scope. Ensure quality work and timely results, while maintaining consistent and constant communication with builders/contractors, owners, vendors, Dave Jones, Inc. field and office staff.
- Understand and manage budgets associated with jobs. Conduct Work In Progress (WIP), and billings associated with jobs.
- Understand the unique aspects of assigned projects and prepare budgets, project estimates, and proposals to end consumers as it related to the project’s specific scope of work.
- Effectively addressing and resolving any conflicts encountered with builders to keep projects running smoothly.
- Building and maintaining relationships with vendors and builders.
- Timely communication with field crew leaders to understand workload which includes prioritizing field support to ensure field and office communication and teamwork is a top priority.
- Conduct 90-Day and Annual Performance Reviews on office and field staff within the Service and Remodel Division.
- Work with Human Resources regarding any employee performance issues – presentation of Performance Action Plans or employee discussions.
- Review and address information or issues that are addressed with completed Quality Assurance (QAS) forms. Work with internal staff to address any issues or corrections needed. Delegate responsibilities as needed to support staff.
- Follow-up with field crew leaders regarding incomplete or missing Safety Audits. Address any issues discovered on the Safety Audits directly to the builder. Work together to resolve issues in a timely manner. Follow-up to ensure completion of tasks or correction of issues has been done properly. Work with DJI Safety Director and internal staff on addressing any concerns.
- Frequent visits to active jobsites.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates Degree in Business Management or Construction related field or bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred but not required if minimum experience levels are met.
- 5+ years of field experience
- Valid Journeyman HVAC license or related license
- Project Management experience
- Estimating and computer skills is preferred
- Current Driver’s License
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.