Air Conditioning Maintenance is Key to Staying Cool
June 21, 2016 • by Dave Jones Inc
Avoid A/C Emergencies with Maintenance
Having your air conditioner stop working on the hottest day in summer is never fun, and can be concerning when you have elderly or infant family members to care for. Fortunately, most of the time this type of emergency can be avoided. How? Routine A/C maintenance.
Think about it, your air conditioner sits outside year-round. It spends a winter dormant and frozen, then a summer being run nearly constantly. Like any other piece of machinery in that environment, it needs some attention to work properly the entire time.
Take a car for example, when you go for a routine oil change the mechanic also checks your other fluid levels, filters, belts, and parts of the car that influence the way that it runs. This is similar to what a HVAC Technician does during a routine maintenance check. They make sure everything runs the way that it should, and also look for any signs of wear or distress that may cause a future problem.
Our air conditioning checklist includes:
- Inspection of thermostat and cycle rate
- Inspection of the air filter
- Clean evaporator coil drain line
- Inspect and exercise inside breaker service condenser unit
- Inspect and document temperature drop
- Clean/lubricate indoor blower motor and motor assembly
- Inspect evaporator coil drain pan if it’s accessible
- Inspect outdoor disconnect, fuses and electrical connections servicing A/C condensing unit
- Inspect and test compressor contractor and wiring
- Inspect and cycle air conditioner controllers
- Startup of A/C system to verify operation
- Verify refrigerant type, charge and operating pressure and temperatures
Scheduling your air conditioning tune-up today is the best way to prepare your A/C for a summer of use, and also avoid surprises and emergency service calls. Plus, when sign up for our free Service Partner Plan (SPP), you get the option to pre-pay for future maintenance visits at a discounted rate. SPP members also receive a 10% discount on non-maintenance HVAC and Plumbing repairs!
Why wait for an emergency when you have the ability to prevent one?