The Best Ways to Combat Allergies
April 7, 2016 • by Dave Jones Inc
The sniffling and sneezing season is here and there are ways to better endure this beautiful, yet dreaded time of year if allergies attack your sinuses. Having more Kleenex around will be helpful, but they’re only good for clean up. The idea is to knock down symptoms before they start.
So what’s the source for this spring suffering? Well, the biggest spring allergy trigger is pollen, tiny grains released into the air by trees, grasses, and weeds. It’s not nature’s fault, the whole point of pollen is to fertilize other plants, but when the grains get into your nose they send your immune system into overdrive!
- Pollen counts are highest in the morning and spread at a rapid pace on a windy day. By limiting your time outdoors in the morning and when it’s windy you can lessen symptoms.
- Taking allergy medicine is great but make sure you start taking it early. That way it will have time to build up in your body so when it starts to rain pollen you’ll be ready!
Make some changes around your home and improve your indoor air quality.
- If allergy symptoms are crushing you, shut all the windows to keep pollen out.
- Use your air conditioner to cool things down instead of a fan.
- We can make sure your AC unit is running at peak efficiency and recommend the best type of filter to use.
- Take your shoes off at the door. This may seem weird but it will help keep the allergens from being tracked all over the place.
Other particles in your home could be making your symptoms worse. Dave Jones Inc. can perform a home air quality test to see what other irritants may be floating around. The more steps you take to combat the onslaught of pollen paratroopers and in home air assailants the better your allergies will be!