Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full-service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service. Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family! Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family-oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
If you’re an experienced HVAC Installer and enjoy leading crews or are looking to develop into a lead Installer, this may be a great position for you! As an HVAC Installer, you will be responsible for everything from laying out the dimensions of ductwork, to installing, connecting, and testing equipment to ensure proper functionality. This position covers the many facets that HVAC has to offer in a new construction setting, and would be great for someone who is organized, a good communicator, self-motivated, and has the ability to think quickly on their feet. Don’t miss your opportunity to grow with an industry leader while leading others as they develop their own personal and professional skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the organizing of material and maintaining jobsite (tools and material) to provide a safe and efficient work environment.
- Understands and practices the principles of code-compliant HVAC Systems.
- Is competent in the installation of duct work, gas piping, condensate piping, and venting.
- Competent in low voltage wiring installation and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of blueprint reading and layout from designed and non-pre drawn designs.
- Cut/Core openings in structures to accommodate pipes and fittings using hand and power tools.
- Understands where to drill and what can be cut without jeopardizing the building structure or integrity.
- Assists in and has a clear understanding in organizing and setting up testing equipment for municipality inspections.
- Has a strong understanding of all job phases and how the HVAC systems have to be installed in conjunction with other trades.
- Gaining a strong understanding of what tasks need to be completed and what the process is to keep a project going efficiently.
- Assists in the training and development of Youth Apprentices, Pre-Apprentices, and Apprentices on the jobsites.
- Understand, demonstrate, support, and hold self and others accountable to the DJI Safety culture through compliance with DJI Safety policies and practices.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to interpret plans, reports, operating instructions and safety rules
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe using necessary tools
- Current valid driver’s license
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Ability to follow specific verbal and written instructions and communicate with field and office personnel
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and balance regularly
- Perform repetitive movements regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently
- Work frequently in outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
EDUCATION AND EXPEREIENCE:
- High School or GED
- Experience as a Crew Leader, experienced Installer, or completion of an apprenticeship program
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current valid driver’s license
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3WamT5k
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: