Commercial Gas Pipe Installer
WHO WE ARE:
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full-service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service. Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family! Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family-oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: We are looking for a Gas Pipe Installer who lives near the Madison area to assemble, install, and repair pipes and fittings of gas piping systems, according to the specifications and plumbing codes with accuracy and timeliness. This is a great opportunity to become a part of a growing, successful, and well-established company. After an initial training period, this person will receive their own company vehicle.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Measures, cuts, threads, and bends pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, pipe-bending machines.
- Read and follows building plans, material lists, equipment needs and guidelines, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions (electrical wires, plumbing piping and HVAC runs) to prevent weakening of structure from installation of pipe.
- Assembles pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, caulking or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Installs pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as cook tops and using hand and power tools.
- Instructs laborers engaged in pipe cutting and assembly and installation of gas piping systems and components.
- Reviews blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Repairs and maintains gas piping, replacing or mending broken pipes, and tightening loose joints.
- Completed regular tailgate tool box talks as directed by the company Safety Director.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6 months of experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to interpret plans, reports, operating instructions, and safety rules.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Current valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Reliable and self-motivated
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.