Commercial Electrical Project Manager
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full-service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service. Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family! Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family-oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
The Electrical Project Manager is responsible for the management and development of commercial construction projects ensuring they are run effectively within budgetary and time restrictions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of multiple commercial electrical construction jobsites to ensure quality work and timely results. Consistent and constant communication with builders/contractors, venders, Dave Jones, Inc. field and office staff.
- Understand and manage budgets associated with jobs. Conduct WIP review, billing processes, review budgets, estimation of jobs as able, change orders, job review to evaluate and understand budgeted vs actual of the jobs.
- Ongoing review of assigned projects to ensure tasks are staying within job specific budgets, using the Project Cost Worksheets for controlling labor, material, and other expenses.
- Work closely with Estimator and Preconstruction Team to assist with permits, submittals, billings, design, and O&M manuals for commercial electrical projects.
- Provide suggestions for project improvement and make suggestions for changes or alternative ways of completing tasks.
- Conduct onsite field visits and attend jobsite design meetings to coordinate work and eliminate any issue prior to onsite installation beginning.
- Work with the design team, Field Superintendents, Safety Directors, and Crew Leaders in Pre-Planning Meetings to ensure proper questions are being addresses and all pertinent information is presented to everyone involved in the project.
- Material procurement and delivery of needed tools, equipment, and materials for projects.
- Work with the foreman and field staff to provide assistance with proper material ordering.
- Supervise, train, and mentor electrical field staff.
- Work as a liaison between Fire Protection, Plumbing, and HVAC. Know the project timelines, schedules, and materials needed to ensure projects run effectively and within budget. Interact and ensure teamwork and quality between crew leaders, shop, and office personnel.
- Weekly review of field labor reports ensuring correct jobs and cost codes for payroll.
- Provide assistance to designers in regard to design questions, materials, questions or concerns that arise.
- Effectively address escalated contractor issues and provide suggestions for resolution.
- Building and maintaining relationships with vendors and builders.
- Timely communication and responsiveness to field crews and foreman.
- Work with Human Resources regarding any employee performance issues – presentation of Performance Action Plans or employee discussions.
- Review and address information or issues that are addressed with completed QAS forms. Work with internal staff to address issues and make corrections as needed. Delegate responsibilities as needed to support staff.
- Follow up with field crew leaders regarding incomplete or missing Safety Audits. Address any issues discovered on the Safety Audits directly to the GC. Work together to resolve issues in a timely manner. Follow up to ensure completion of tasks or correction of issues has been done properly. Work with Dave Jones, Inc. Safety Director and internal staff on addressing any concerns.
- Frequent visits to active jobsites.
- Prepare and conduct Annual Performance Evaluations on Commercial Electrical field staff. Participate in any additional employee disciplinary conversations as needed with the assistance of the Electrical Director and Human Resources.
- Provide follow-up and resolution to questions and needs of Project Managers and Contractors.
- Assist with Electrical Director with project projection, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contractors.
- Maintain accurate timelines and billing documents according to project schedule to ensure manloading documents are accurate.
- Minimum of 2 years of related mechanical construction experience.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid driver’s license
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3nemoHs
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: