Fire Protection Pre Apprentice
Fire Protection Pre-Apprentice
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Salary Interval: Hourly
Please complete an application online or by stopping in our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road
Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
As a Fire Protection Pre-Apprentice, you will be responsible for loading/unloading equipment, using hand and power tools, and assisting Journeyman Sprinkler Fitters with assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, and equipment. Pre-Apprentices also provide assistance with jobsite housekeeping.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize material and maintain jobsites (tools and material) to provide a safe and efficient work environment.
- Cuts openings in structures to accommodate pipes and fittings using hand and power tools.
- Prepares pipe hangers for wall or ceiling mount installations.
- Caulks and/or foams interior and exterior penetrations for fire stopping, draft stopping, and general infiltration.
- Assists in organizing and setting up testing equipment for municipality inspections.
- Learn the proper use of hand and power tools.
- Assist Journeyman Sprinkler Fitters and Apprentices with job tasks (gathering and moving materials, gathering and moving tools, assisting with additional tasks, and general housekeeping).
- Understand, demonstrate, and support the DJI Safety Culture through compliance of DJI Safety policies and practices.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to follow specific written and verbal instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and balance regularly
- Perform repetitive movements regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently
- Work frequently in outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
- Current valid driver’s license
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts. View Benefits Page
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3yg7Pcr
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: