HVAC Service Technician
HVAC Service Technician
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Salary Interval: Hourly
Please complete an application online or by stopping in our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road
Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
As an HVAC Service Technician, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to perform more advanced and complex service diagnostics and repairs using basic hand and power tools, and any other duties as assigned per HVAC code and Dave Jones, Inc. standard operating procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Organization of materials and tools to provide a safe and efficient work environment. Ensure truck stock is properly maintained and needs are effectively communicated to prevent unnecessary return trips.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to ensure customer satisfaction and to develop customer rapport and long-term customer relationships.
- Understand and practice the principles of code-compliant HVAC systems.
- Perform advanced and complex service diagnostics and repairs on residential HVAC equipment and light commercial HVAC systems, including forced air, hydronic, and Geo-Thermal, install and start up HVAC equipment, service larger commercial HVAC systems over 25 tons, perform precision tune-ups, and brazing.
- Installation of IAQ systems and applications.
- Calculate charges for service provided and ensure collection of money at the time of service.
- Provide sale options and recommendations for HVAC equipment and Customer Maintenance Agreements.
- Gather site-specific information for Customer Service Representatives and Project Managers to prepare quotes.
- Understands basic job phrases and is able to work independently without direct supervision or direction.
- Responsible for completing jobsite documentation both electronically and on paper.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of hand tools, power tools, and power equipment, including the use of a multi-meter, combustion analyzer, low voltage wiring, psychrometer, refrigeration leak detection tools, and other diagnostic and testing equipment.
- Understand, demonstrate, and support the DJI Safety Culture through compliance with DJI Safety policies and practices. Actively engaged in ensuring jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones, Inc. employees, homeowners, and external subcontractors.
- Actively participate in the on-call service rotation and be adaptable to varied work schedules.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to follow specific written and verbal instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and balance regularly
- Perform repetitive movements regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 100 pounds frequently
- Work frequently in outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
Education and Experience
- High School or GED
- 2+ years of HVAC service and repairs and/or maintenance.
- Current valid driver’s license
- EPA Certification
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts. View Benefits Page
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3klsa8N
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: