HVAC Service Technician
HVAC Service Technician
Location: Madison, WI
Salary Interval: Hourly
Please complete an application online or by stopping in our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road
Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
The HVAC Technician will troubleshoot and repair new and old HVAC equipment. The HVAC Technician works with a high degree of honesty and integrity to promote a positive image. An ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and deliver exceptional customer service. The position involves on-call rotation (nights/weekends).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organization of materials and tools to provide a safe and efficient work environment. Ensure truck stock is properly maintained and needs are effectively communicated to prevent unnecessary return trips.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to ensure customer satisfaction and to develop customer rapport and long-term customer relationships.
- Understand and practice the principles of code-compliant HVAC systems.
- Perform advanced and more complex service diagnostics and repairs on residential HVAC equipment and light commercial HVAC systems, install HVAC equipment, perform precision tune-ups, and brazing.
- Installation of IAQ systems and applications.
- Calculate charges for service provided and ensure collection of money at the time of service.
- Provide sale options and recommendations of HVAC equipment and Customer Maintenance Agreements.
- Gather site-specific information for Customer Service Representatives and Project Managers to prepare quotes.
- Understands basic job phases and is able to work independently without direct supervision or direction.
- Responsible for completing jobsite documentation both electronically and on paper.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of hand tools, power tools, and power equipment, including the use of multi-meter, combustion analyzer, low voltage wiring, psychrometer, refrigeration leak detection tools and other diagnostic and testing equipment.
- Understand, demonstrate, and support the DJI Safety Culture through compliance of DJI Safety policies and practices. Actively engaged in ensuring jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones, Inc. employees, homeowners, and external subcontractors.
- Actively participate in the On-Call Service rotation and be adaptable to the work schedule.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Confident and self-motivated
- Excellent work ethic and professionalism
- Highly Dependable, punctual, and efficient
- Proficient in service repair of HVAC equipment
- Knowledge of HVAC equipment and service agreements
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Comprehensive refrigerant trouble-shooting experience
- Able to work in various outside weather conditions
- Able to work in all environments including confined spaces, roof tops, etc.
- Able to lift over 50 pounds
- Able to work extended daily work hours
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years HVAC Service, maintenance and/or repair experience
- EPA Certified
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current valid driver’s license and good driving record
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts. View Benefits Page
Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/2TWuB7n
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: