HVAC Start-Up Technician
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
Dave Jones, Inc. is a full service mechanical contractor, providing Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, and Fire Sprinkling installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a small Residential Framing division and a complete service and remodeling department for Southern Wisconsin. The company’s quality work and reputation has resulted in a long list of successful projects and long term customer relationships. Our company is committed to quality and staying on the cutting edge of new products and services. With a growing and qualified workforce, we can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched customer service.?
The HVAC Start Up Technician is responsible for diagnosing, starting up, and testing out HVAC equipment on projects (split systems, mini-splits, package systems, and roof top units) on Residential Construction projects.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficient in diagnosing, starting up, and testing out HVAC equipment on
projects (split systems, mini-splits, package systems, and roof top units on
Commercial Construction projects.
- Proficient in service repair of HVAC Equipment, register installations, and white
glove service in finished and occupied units/homes.
- Comprehensive understanding of refrigerant troubleshooting.
- Responsible for pre-planning and communicating material needs so everything is
onsite when needed.
- Responsible for training of field crews in structure and technical support aspects
of the industry.
- Understands and practices the principles of code-compliant HVAC Systems.
- Is competent in the installation of ductwork, gas piping, condensate piping and
- Competent in blueprint reading and layout from designed and non-pre drawn
- Has a strong understanding of all job phases and how the HVAC systems have to
- be installed in conjunction with other trades.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of hand tools, power tools, and
- Understand, demonstrate, supports, and hold crew accountable to the DJI Safety
Culture through compliance of DJI Safety policies and practices. Actively
engaged in ensuring jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones, Inc. employees
and external subcontractors.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Ability to effectively follow and give directions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to read and interpret documents and blueprints
- Ability to multi-task and make important decisions
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel and balance regularly
- Perform repetitive movements regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Work frequently in various outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
- Valid driver’s license
- EPA Certificate
- 6+ years of HVAC Construction experience or have successfully completed the HVAC Apprenticeship.
Major Medical & Dental Insurance *Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance *Long-Term Disability Insurance *Group Life Insurance *Voluntary Group Life Insurance *Holiday Pay *Paid Time Off *401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Match *Employee Purchases and Discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3zlGfZq
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: