Interested in a new opportunity to grow your career? Look no further!!! Come thrive and grow with us!!
We are an established company of 600 Team Members with a presence in Wisconsin and Indianapolis and are expanding our talent to the Columbus market! Be a part of this growth from the ground up, with the support you need and the opportunities that you are looking for!!!
WHO WE ARE:
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family-oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
Are you hungry to learn and grow? Have you had an interest in learning more about construction and establishing a career and not just another job? Join our team as a Plumbing Helper to start learning today. As a Plumbing Helper, you will be responsible for loading/unloading tools and materials, using basic hand and power tools, and assisting the Plumber with assembling, installing, digging, drilling, and any other duties as assigned per Code. Helpers also provide assistance with jobsite housekeeping.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize material and maintain job sites (tools and material) to provide a safe and efficient work environment.
- Assist Journeyman Plumber and Apprentices in the installation of gas piping and radon vent systems.
- Cut/core openings in structures to accommodate pipes and fittings using hand tools and power tools.
- Actively participates in digging trenches for underground plumbing systems.
- Caulks and/or foams interior and exterior penetrations for fire stopping, draft stopping and general infiltration.
- Assists in organizing and setting up testing equipment for municipality inspections.
- Learn the proper use of hand and power tools.
- Assist Journeyman Plumber and Apprentices with job tasks (gathering and moving materials, gathering and moving tools, assisting with additional tasks, and general housekeeping).
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and balance regularly
- Perform repetitive movements regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently
- Work frequently in outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current valid driver’s license
You will be provided with a cell phone, power tools, and protective gear from Dave Jones, Inc. Continuing education, paid training and ongoing instruction and coaching is also provided to help you continue to grow and make an impact! Don’t miss your opportunity to grow with an industry leader while leading others as they develop their own personal and professional skills! Apprenticeship opportunities are available after 6 months of employment.
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3QnHxvK
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: