Plumbing Remodel Crew Leader
Plumbing Remodel Crew Leader
Location: Madison, WI
Salary Interval: Hourly
Please complete an application online or by stopping in our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road
Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
As a Remodel Plumbing Crew Leader, you will be responsible for direct oversight of Remodel jobsites. The Plumbing Foreman will be actively involved in working hands-on with all aspects of installation onsite, effectively manage crew by assigning tasks, setting goals and expectations. As a plumber, you will also be assisting with the training and development of other individuals on the jobsite. This will include but is not limited to Youth Apprentices, Pre-Apprentices, and Apprentices. Plumbers will also help with jobsite housekeeping.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direction in the organizing of material jobsite (tools and materials) to provide a safe and efficient work environment.
- Understands and practices the principals of code compliant water supply, drain, waste, and vent systems and properly installs new systems, or makes alterations or upgrades to existing systems in an efficient manner and knowledge in existing residential and commercial plumbing systems.
- Has a strong focus and knowledge on residential projects and working with reputable general contractors as well as directly with homeowners.
- Is proficient in installing plumbing fixtures, modules, rough-in valves and miscellaneous equipment.
- Competent with measuring, cutting, threading, soldering and gluing of PVC, CPVC, PEX, Gas Piping and Copper tubing and fittings.
- Knowledge in the mechanics of existing plumbing systems.
- Strong understanding of blueprint reading and layout from designed and non-pre drawn designs. Can perform material take off’s and gather accurate site-specific information for Project Managers.
- Lays out and marks the position of the pipe installation, passage holes and fixtures in structure for other crew members.
- Has a strong understanding of all job phases and is able to work independently without direct supervision or direction.
- Effectively lead jobsites and crew and can effectively assign tasks in all areas needed on the job.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of hand and power tools, and power equipment.
- Responsible for properly stocking materials, truck stock, communicating additional needs to prevent return trips.
- Responsible for the training and development of Youth Apprentices, Pre-Apprentices, and Apprentices. Having the ability to work in a team environment that focuses on quality and solid reputations.
- Understand, demonstrate, support, and hold crews accountable to the DJI Safety Culture through compliance of DJI Safety policies and practices. Actively engaged in ensuring jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones, Inc. employees and external subcontractors.
- Actively participate in the On-Call Service rotation and be adaptable to varied work schedule.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to effectively follow and give directions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to read and interpret documents and blueprints
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to multi-task and make important decisions
- Ability to have attention to detail, problem-solving and possess great customer service skills.
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel and balance regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Work frequently in various outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
- Current valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Current Journeyman or Master Plumber license for the State of Wisconsin
- 5+ years of plumbing experience
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts. View Benefits Page
Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3iZbQK6
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: