Plumbing Project Manager (MSN)
WHO WE ARE:
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full-service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service. Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family! Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family-oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
The Plumbing Project Manager in the Service and Remodel division will work closely with builders/contractors, vendors. homeowners, office and field staff to ensure projects are managed effectively and efficiently and are in line with the core values of Dave Jones, Inc.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize trade specific knowledge to estimate and oversee various levels of service work – equipment replacements, bath/kitchen remodels, lower level finishes, full home remodels, etc. Primarily for residential homes but basic commercial work as well.
- Manage multiple jobsites concurrently to ensure quality work and timely results. Maintain consistent and constant communication with builders/contractors, vendors, and Dave Jones, Inc. office and field staff.
- Complete project estimates for incoming service sales requests and present these estimates to the builders and homeowners within 48 hours.
- Perform jobsite visits regularly to review progress and provide oversight to the field staff.
- Effectively communicate with other DJI Project Managers on multi-trade estimates and jobs to ensure that the project is properly coordinated, information is shared amongst the team and consistent communication is provided to the customer.
- Provide daily communication with the field crew leaders to share schedules, job information, and understand workload carryover that is needed or occurring.
- Understand and manage the budgets of each job. Conduct WIP review (as necessary), manage change orders, and evaluate budget vs. actual performance on an ongoing basis.
- Manage billings for each project to ensure that work is being properly billed prior to or immediately following completion of work.
- Effectively address and resolve any customer or builder conflicts to keep projects running smoothly.
- Build and maintain relationships with builders and remodel contractors.
- Directly manage plumbing field crews, participate in the Mentorship Program for new employees and identify necessary training opportunities.
- Conduct 90-Day and Annual Performance reviews for all plumbing field staff in the Service Division.
- Work with Human Resources regarding any employee performance issues – presentation of Performance Action Plans or employee discussions.
- Review and address information or issues that are addressed with completed QAS forms. Work with internal staff to address any issues or corrections needed.
- Follow-up with field crew leaders regarding incomplete or missing Safety Audits. Address any issues discovered on the Safety Audits directly to the builder. Work together to resolve issues in a timely manner, Follow-up to ensure completion of tasks or correction of issues has been done properly. Work with Dave Jones, Inc. Safety Director and internal staff on addressing any concerns.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree in Business Management or Construction related field or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management preferred but not required if minimum experience levels are met.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of plumbing trade field experience
- Experience overseeing and managing projects and/or crews.
- Estimating experience preferred but not required.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current valid driver’s license
- Current Journeyman or Master Plumber License
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.