Plumbing Service Technician (MSN)
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full-service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service. Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family! Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family-oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
This position will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to perform more advanced and complex service diagnostics and repairs using basic hand and power tools, and any other duties as assigned per Plumbing Code and Dave Jones, Inc. standard operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organization of materials and tools to provide a safe and efficient work environment. Ensure truck stock is properly maintained and needs are effectively communicated to prevent unnecessary return trips.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to ensure customer satisfaction and to develop customer rapport and long-term customer relationships.
- Understand and practice the principals of code compliant plumbing systems.
- Perform advanced and more complex service diagnostics and repairs on residential plumbing equipment and most commercial systems, install fixtures and appliances, and perform drain cleaning services. Basic understanding of sanitary and clear water sump systems.
- Identify and provide recommendations for corrections to non-code compliant cross connections.
- Calculate charges for service provided and ensure collection of money at the time of service.
- Perform sales of plumbing equipment and Customer Maintenance Agreements.
- Gather site specific information for Customer Service Representatives and Project Managers to prepare quotes.
- Understands basic job phases and is able to work independently without direct supervision or direction.
- Responsible for completing jobsite documentation both electronically and on paper.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of hand and power tools, and power equipment, including the use of a multi-meter, Combustion Analyzer, and other diagnostic and test equipment.
- Proficient with backflow prevention, sanitary sewage, and clear water sump pump systems, including duplex panels and controls.
- Knowledge of private well and POWTS systems, hot water heating systems.
- Understand, demonstrate, and support the DJI Safety Culture through compliance of DJI Safety policies and practices. Actively engaged in ensuring jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones, Inc. employees, homeowners, and external subcontractors.
- Actively participate in the on-call service rotation and be adaptable to the work schedule.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to effectively follow and give directions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to read and interpret documents and blueprints
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to multi-task and make important decisions
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Able to work in various outside weather conditions
- Able to work in all environments including confined spaces, roof tops, etc.
- Able to lift over 50 pounds
- Able to work extended daily work hours
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call
- Current valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Completion of a Registered Apprenticeship Program in Plumbing
- Current Journeyman or Master Plumber license for the State of Wisconsin
- 2+ years of experience in Plumbing service, repairs and/or maintenance
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3AuXOFT
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: