Remodel HVAC Foreman
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full-service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service. Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family! Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family-oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
Within the role of a Remodel HVAC Foreman, you will be responsible for direct oversight of Remodel jobsites. The HVAC Foreman will be actively involved in working hands-on with all aspects of installation onsite, effectively manage crew by assigning tasks, setting goals, and expectations. As a foreman, you will also be assisting with training and development of other individuals on the jobsite. This will include but is not limited to Youth Apprentices, Pre-Apprentices, and Apprentices. Foreman also help with jobsite housekeeping.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direction in the organizing of material and maintain job site (tools and materials) to provide a safe and efficient work environment.
- Understands and practices the principles of code-compliant HVAC systems, both new and existing, and is able to make alterations or upgrades to existing systems in an efficient manner.
- Is competent in the installation of ductwork, gas piping, condensate piping and venting
- Competent in low voltage wiring installation and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of the mechanics of existing HVAC systems.
- Strong understanding of blueprint reading and layout from designed and non-pre drawn designs. Can perform material take off’s and gather accurate site-specific information of Project Managers.
- Cut/Core openings in structures to accommodate pipes and fittings using hand tools and power tools.
- Understands where to drill and what can be cut without jeopardizing the building structure or integrity.
- Has a strong understanding of all job phases and how the HVAC systems have to be installed in conjunction with other trades.
- Responsible for weighing in the proper amounts of freon for air conditioning units and correctly brazing the necessary joints.
- Effectively lead job site and crew and can effectively assign tasks in all areas needed on the job.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of hand tools, power tools, and power equipment.
- Responsible for properly stocking materials, truck stock, and communicating additional needs to prevent return trips.
- Understand, demonstrate, supports, and hold crew accountable to the DJI Safety Culture through compliance of DJI Safety policies and practices. Actively engage in ensuring jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones, Inc. employees and external subcontractors.
- Actively participate in the on-call service rotation and be adaptable to varied work schedules.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Ability to effectively follow and give directions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to read and interpret documents and blueprints
- Ability to multi-task and make important decisions
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel and balance regularly
- Perform repetitive movements regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Work frequently in various outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- 5+ years of HVAC Construction experience or have successfully completed the HVAC Apprenticeship
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current valid driver’s license
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/31K90D5
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: