Residential Gas Pipe Installer (MKE)
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full-service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service. Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family! Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family-oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
The Gas Piper is responsible for the code compliant installation of gas systems on Residential new construction sites.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and practices the principals of code compliant Gas Systems.
- Is proficient in the principals of code compliant gas systems using copper, steel, and flexible piping.
- Competent in blueprint reading and general layout from designed and non-pre drawn designs.
- Cut/Core openings in structures to accommodate pipes and fittings using hand and power tools.
- Understands where to drill and what can be cut without jeopardizing the building structure or integrity.
- Testing of gas systems to assure no leaks exist and everything is installed per gas provider and municipality requirements.
- Can calculate BTU loads and properly size piping schematics off of those calculations.
- Installs pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, regulators, and appliances using hand and power tools.
- Has a strong understanding of all job phases and how the gas systems have to be installed in conjunction with other trades.
- Assists in the training and development of Youth Apprentices, Pre-Apprentices, and Apprentices on the jobsites.
- Understand, demonstrate, supports, and hold crews accountable to the DJI Safety Culture through compliance of DJI Safety policies and practices. Actively engaged in ensuring jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones, Inc. employees and external subcontractors.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school or GED, or high school equivalency certificate
- 6 months of gas piping experience is preferred
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current valid driver’s license
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/34KwNV6
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: