Residential Preconstruction Coordinator
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones, Inc. is a full-service mechanical contractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service. Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family! Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family-oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
The Residential Preconstruction Coordinator is responsible for overseeing Residential projects through the preconstruction phase. This will require a high level of organization to ensure all critical steps are completed, deadlines are managed, and the preconstruction team is kept apprised of project updates. This role will also be responsible for managing material orders during preconstruction and tracking spending compared to estimate.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining a preconstruction tracker and ensuring all critical steps are completed during the preconstruction stage of each project.
- Purchasing contact for local and national builders for project estimation, change orders, custom quotes, and purchase orders.
- Utilize builder portals to access job information, documents, purchase orders, schedules, etc.
- Input builder schedules into a centralized calendar for the Construction team to reference job starts.
- Create job packets with project documents for the field to use onsite.
- Work with Finance to create budgets for projects based on purchase orders from builders.
- Basic estimation for custom builder quotes on fixtures, misc. rough work, etc. based on time and material.
- Change order estimation and communication with the builder on cost; complete job costing worksheets for change order and send to Finance.
- Create spec books and portfolios for mechanicals or fixtures.
- Compile cabinet and appliance specs from builders or their portals for all projects.
- Obtain all necessary permits for the project and complete job costing worksheets for Finance.
- Cross-train with Purchasing Coordinators and Project Coordinators to provide backup as needed.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s license
- 1-3 years of related experience preferred, but not required.
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3Andtug
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: