How DJI Is Responding To COVID-19
March 16, 2020 • by Laura Steinhoff
Response to COVID-19
March 16, 2020
To our valued customers-
Dave Jones, Inc. is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and how the virus is impacting our customers, our team members, and our workplaces. We want to assure you that we are taking this issue seriously and that we are taking steps to limit the impact during these very challenging times. This situation is changing daily, but Dave Jones, Inc. has implemented a policy specific to this pandemic that includes:
- Over 1/3 of our office team is now working remotely from their home. We expect this number to gradually increase over the next week or two. Our goal is to provide additional separation, referred to as social distancing, in each of our offices.
- Any employee who has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of COVID-19 will be required to stay home for a minimum of 14 days to recover and to prevent the spread to others.
- We have implemented additional cleaning measures in all of our facilities.
- All business travel outside of the State of Wisconsin has been suspended.
- We are strongly advising our employees to reconsider non-essential personal travel. If they do travel to any countries or states which are at a higher rate of exposure to COVID-19, they will be required to stay at home for 14 days before returning to work.
- Our facilities are now closed to the public. Necessary meetings will be held through the use of technology.
- On a daily basis, we are reminding our team to reduce the risk of spread by taking the following measures:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands frequently (for at least 20 seconds) and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Disinfect your individual work surfaces daily.
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing. When possible, use a tissue, dispose of it immediately and wash your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Keep your hands away from your mouth, eyes and nose.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Limit food sharing.
Additional measures for our Service & Remodel teams
We are taking additional measures with our Service & Remodel team to ensure that we keep them and you safe while they work in your home or business. These additional measures include:
- We are contacting each customer prior to our service visit. If you are not feeling well or have recently traveled to a high-risk area, we ask that you reschedule your appointment after 14 days for the safety of our team and their loved ones. In the event that emergency service is needed, our team will make our best effort to make accommodations to complete the work in a safe, efficient manner.
- We will be focused on social distancing whenever possible, in which people remain a minimum of 6’ apart during our work.
- We are working diligently to ensure all of our technicians are provided with disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks. It is our daily mission to obtain and maintain a proper supply of these items, as we know they are in critical supply during this time.
We appreciate your business and your support of Dave Jones, Inc. Together, we will get through these challenging times.
Greg D. Jones
President- Dave Jones, Inc.