Fire Protection Designer
Fire Protection Designer
Please complete an application online or by stopping in our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road
Madison, WI 53713
Dave Jones, Inc. is a full service mechanical contractor, providing Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, and Fire Sprinkling installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a small Residential Framing division and a complete service and remodeling department for Southern Wisconsin. The company’s quality work and reputation has resulted in a long list of successful projects and long term customer relationships. Our company is committed to quality and staying on the cutting edge of new products and services. With a growing and qualified workforce, we can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched customer service.?
The Fire Protection System Designer is responsible for the design and layout of automatic sprinkler systems in accordance with existing and proposed code and statutory requirements. This individual also represents the company in matters of project coordination, scheduling, change requests, and technical assistance to ensure that projects are accomplished within the prescribed timeframes, budget parameters, and safety objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Obtain all necessary approvals and reviews of project design data
– Determine materials for each project, conform piping arrangements to meet standard product or materials usage
– Coordinate with the Purchasing Administrator and Project Manager to secure materials and equipment needed for each project
– Perform field surveying as necessary
– Maintain organized records of active projects
– Assist the estimating, project management and other design personnel with technical interpretation as needed
– Perform layout using AutoCad/HydraCad
– Create Hydraulic Calculations & Pipe Lists for Pre-fabrication
– Provide documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, and specifications for each assigned project
– Associated or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
– At least 1 year of fire protection design experience
– NICET Certification is preferred
– Experience with AutoCAD or similar architectural design software
– Strong computer skills
– Desire to learn – additional training in Fire Protection Systems would be required and provided
– Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish multiple tasks
– Attention to detail
– Excellent communication skills
– Self-motivated and able to work well individually and also collaborate as a team!
Major Medical & Dental Insurance *Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance *Long-Term Disability Insurance *Group Life Insurance *Voluntary Group Life Insurance *Holiday Pay *Paid Time Off *401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Match *Employee Purchases and Discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.